Checking in and out with your payment card works the same way as with
your tourist day ticket and OV-chip card.
How does it work?
- Hold your contactless debit card, credit card or mobile phone up to the card reader or gate. A single beep means you’ve checked in. Do take the card you want out of your wallet.
- At your destination, check out in the same way.
There’s no need to register; payment is automatic. The next day, you’ll see the amount on your bank statement referenced as NLOV.
Which payment cards are accepted?
You have various options to check in and out:
- A contactless payment card from ABN AMRO, ASN Bank, bunq, ING, Knab, Rabobank, RegioBank, or SNS.
- A contactless credit card from Mastercard or Visa, issued by companies like ICS.
- A mobile device linked to one of the aforementioned payment cards or credit cards for contactless payment, including Apple Pay or Google Wallet.
- A foreign contactless payment card or credit card from Maestro, V PAY, Mastercard, or Visa.
There is no need to register in advance, and you do not need an OV-chip card or subscription. However, make sure to remove your OV-chip card or payment card from your wallet or phone case before checking in, so the correct fare for your journey will be charged.